Post-tensioned concrete offers significant performance benefits in tall buildings, particularly in the areas of fire resistance, sound transmission and
floor stiffness. Post-tensioning the floors and frames of tall concrete buildings minimizes their weight and, combined with the use of high strength
concrete, makes post tension a cost effective design solution.
StrongForce’s competitive advantage is in their patented systems, which offers consultants and clients savings in material costs, construction time and greater spans in concrete. In addition, the reduction of structural height and weight as outlined above, improves deflection and crack control, which also contributes to the success of Post-tensioned construction.
StrongForce’s highly skilled Design team has the qualifications, experience and latest design software to carry out total design and detailing for any structures.
Post Tensioned construction has the following typical benefits:
- It is one of the environmentally friendly forms of construction giving 25% saving in concrete and 75% saving in reinforcement (materials and labour)
- The same characteristics for demolition as reinforced concrete structures
- Narrower columns and beams
- Up to 40% weight saving with high-rise structures
- Larger spans
- Reduced crane time, since components are fewer and lighter
- Faster construction period
- Unrivalled flexibility for post forming slab penetrations
- Improved constructability
- Less material to be handled and placed
- Simpler and minimal reinforcement
- Earlier stripping of formwork
- Simpler formwork construction
- More Architectural freedom
- Larger column free spaces
- Flexibility in subdivision or floor space
- Wide spanning or boldly cantilevering floors leaving generous space for lobbies and public areas
- Slender elegant floors and roofs