StrongForce provides design and construct post tension solutions for tank and silo structures .
These can be optimized by inducing compressive stresses into the structure’s vertical members, eliminating or reducing crack widths to provide an effective containment of the structure’s contents.
The Force output from the liquid or solid content are controlled by introducing horizontal or circumferential post tension tendons around the structure.
Stressing is applied from concrete buttresses located externally on the structure. Vertical tendons can also be used to control/resist the vertical forces on the wall.
These tendons are placed within the full height of the wall and are stressed from the top of the structure. Post tension slab on grades can also be used on the base of structures with further performance and cost benefits commonly achieved in slabs.
StrongForce’s in-house design and construct services for tanks and silos include:
- Feasibility studies and value engineering for tanks and silos for both the vertical structure and slab on grades
- Design & detailing of post tensioning requirements
- Supply of post tension plant and materials
- Execution of the post tension works at site with full project and technical management, supervision and installation services
- Remedial Engineering and strengthening and repair to existing post tensioned and traditionally reinforced structures